When Soccer Shots first started, we dreamed of what we might be able to do... Since then, our dream has turned into an even better reality. Through Soccer Shots, we've impacted thousands of children in and around our communities. We attribute much of our success to the dedicated, fun, and a little bit crazy team we've put together. We're passionate about what we do, and are looking to add people to our team who feel the same -- people who are fired up about the idea of impacting the next generation through the game of soccer.
Soccer Shots coaches are:
Safety-conscious, whose #1 priority is the safety of children under their care.
Caring, engaging with each child through specific and positive affirmation.
Organized, who plan ahead and are systematic in routine, conducting each session according to the lesson plan and working with children to maintain appropriate order for the age group.
Responsible, who are committed to doing what is expected of them as the coach and "face" of Soccer Shots.
Energetic, bringing Soccer Shots to life by creating a fun and exciting atmosphere that leads a child to smile and participate.
As the "face" of Soccer Shots, our success as a nationally recognized and locally respected brand is dependent on the exemplary performance of our coaches. It is a coach's responsibility to manage and direct all duties related to the operation of a Soccer Shots session, including, but not limited to the following tasks:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following; other duties as assigned.
- Attends required coaches meetings.
- Knows lesson plan in curriculum prior to session.
- Maintains equipment in proper condition.
- Dresses in approved Soccer Shots uniform (shirt will be provided, shorts will be the responsibility of the coach.
- Arrives early for each session to be fully prepared before a session begins.
- Brings attendance sheet to every session.
- Organizes children into approved-sized groups and does not miss any registrants.
- Ensures the safety and well-being of every child, first and foremost.
- Retrieves and returns children (per site process) for each session. No child is ever left alone.
- Follows proper on site protocol for each location, as provided by supervisor and/or site director.
- Conducts high-energy, fun, organized, 30-minute sessions
- Follows the proper weekly Soccer Shots lesson plan.
Physical/work Environment Requirements:
This position functions in an inside/outside sports environment a majority of the time. Work requires ability to run, stop, stoop, bend (a physical, exercise type regimen) in a minimum of 40-minute increments per session. The position requires use of hands, arms, legs and feet and may include lifting up to 50 pounds on occasion. Moderate gymnasium-like noises are associated with this position as well as excellent vision skills (with or without correction.)
Schedule: We have coaching needs at various times of day and can generally work around your schedule. However, the more availability an applicant has, the more hours they will receive.
Our roster isn't complete... are you the next member of our team? We're not the right fit for everyone, so before you hit "apply now," please take a look at our website (http://www.soccershots.org) or head over to our Facebook page and watch our videos on Youtube to learn more why we have the greatest job going. If you're still intrigued after checking us out, then please apply.
If this isn't for you but you know of someone who might be interested in joining our team, feel free to pass our info along - we love referrals!
Are you looking for a great job where the work is actually fun?
Do you want to work somewhere you can get real job experience while making a difference in your community?
Are you passionate about sports, education, being a positive role model and impacting young children?
You’ve come to the right place! We change lives. We help children learn, grow and meet their goals. We care.
Soccer Shots is an engaging children's soccer program for children ages 2-8 with a focus on character development. Our caring team positively impacts children's lives on and off the field through best-in-class coaching, curriculum and communication.
We train the best coaches in the business
- We put every Soccer Shots coach through our comprehensive training program to receive certification that includes learning the use of developmentally appropriate coaching techniques.
- Our coaches are routinely evaluated and undergo ongoing training.
- Our coach selection process evaluates not only the ability to coach soccer, but, more importantly, the ability to engage and inspire children.
Our families experience exceptional customer service and ongoing communication
- Members of the Soccer Shots team must be excellent communicators – with children, with parents, with partners and with each other!
- Our team understands the importance of timely, responsive communication.
We use expert-approved curriculum that aligns with early childhood education standards
- Our developmentally appropriate curriculum places an emphasis on character development and skill building.
- Our program is created under the guidance of childhood education specialists, professional soccer players and experienced and licensed soccer coaches.
- We constantly re-evaluate and update our curriculum to stay current with childhood education standards.
Whether you’re looking for a part-time, flexible job, or a full-time career - if you have a passion for positively impacting children, we’d love to talk to you.