Reports to: Program Coordinator, Soccer Shots
Job Description: It is the Program Coordinator's responsibility to assist in managing all duties related to the operation of Soccer Shots. The Program Coordinator will be asked to aid in the following functions:
- Meeting seasonal and annual enrollment and revenue goals by adding new park program accounts and promoting thoroughly at each account/location.
- Documenting summary and follow-up notes, and completing sales day action items in a timely fashion.
- Assist Program Director in seeking sponsorship and partnership opportunities, which include park program locations, soccer club partnerships, and corporate sponsors.
Coaching and Staff Leadership:
- Assisting the Program Director in recruiting, hiring, scheduling, training, evaluating, and managing instructors.
- Assisting in maintaining the master instructor schedule, handling cancellations and reschedules, as needed. Responsible for the Park Program schedule, instructor assignments, cancellations and rescheduling process (which includes but is not limited to, notifying parents, updating Facebook, updating call system) and coordination with site/facility with the supervision and help of the Program Director.
- Collecting required signed paperwork for all staff instructors and maintaining accurate and complete staff files
- Assisting in the preparation for the seasonal instructor meetings
- Coaching 15 sessions per week Summer/Winter & 20 sessions per week Fall/Spring seasons is included in the position requirement and compensation
Marketing and Communications:
- Performing seasonal marketing/promotions for Park Programs - locating marketing opportunities online/print, researching and securing space on blogs and other family-friendly websites and events. When necessary, would also be involved in running program demos, distributing registration forms and brochures, hanging lobby and classroom posters, placing bandit signs and in-school displays, and distributing final reminders.
- Assisting with direct mail preparation and distribution, promoting park programs
- Communicating with parents, directors, and other account representatives (includes writing thank you notes and delivering thank you gifts)
- Writing and emailing newsletters, per schedule/for Park Programs
- Managing Soccer Shots Facebook page as necessary for Park Programs
- Representing Soccer Shots at industry events, open houses, etc.
- Scheduling and preparing all materials to promote the upcoming Soccer Shots season
- Organizing and managing the registration and enrollment process at all sites
- Grouping participants in online registration
- Maintaining instructor equipment and prize inventory
The job description above is a Full-time position requiring 40 hours of work per week. Your weekly agenda will be assigned by the Program Director. You will work out your schedule details with your supervisor.
1. For Soccer Shots to be the best run, most popular, and most successful elective program offered in the city.
2. For Soccer Shots to have a reputation of excellence (i.e. “that’s the group that does that awesome soccer program…my kids loved it…those instructors are great”). An objective measure of each territory’s reputation for quality will be learned in the Net Promoter Score survey conducted at the end of each fall and spring season.
3. To be a Top 20% franchise in participant registration and revenue (in category) and per capita rating and to meet and exceed seasonal and annual enrollment and revenue goals.
Key Performance Measurables:
1. Prompt, reliable, and professional communication—responds immediately to customers (parents, directors, staff), and always responds to supervisor and other Soccer Shots support staff within 24 hours.
2. Hire, train, and manage a staff of coaches who will uphold a standard of excellence and create a positive reputation for Soccer Shots.
3. Meet weekly, seasonal, and annual timelines and deadlines. Develop systems to stay organized, keep good records, and be efficient with your time.
4. Meet seasonal performance goals. Go above and beyond company expectations to sell, promote and market our program prior to each season.
5. Increase enrollment and accounts up to 1750-2000 participants and 125 accounts for the Fall 2015.
6. Provide excellent customer service by communicating through newsletters to parents, and phone calls/visits with center directors.
7. Adhere to all company policies and represent Soccer Shots with professionalism and integrity.
Soccer Shots employees are committed to representing Soccer Shots in a fashion consistent with descriptions in the company’s Brand Book. Compensation is based on performance, and Soccer Shots reserves the right to terminate employment for failure to meet expectations. We have expectations that can be reasonably met, assuming employees are investing their time into developing the business. While employees have the support of the Executive Director and Program Director, their success is dependent upon their ability to provide excellent customer service and to manage the business professionally.
Program Performance Evaluation and Reviews:
Soccer Shots will perform an initial review after 60 days.
Soccer Shots - Toledo
Soccer Shots is an engaging children's soccer program with a focus on character development. Our caring team positively impacts children's lives on and off the field through best-in-class coaching, curriculum and communication.
The best coaches in the business
- Every Soccer Shots coach must complete our comprehensive training program to receive certification.
- All Soccer Shots coaches are trained in the use of developmentally appropriate techniques.
- Coaches are routinely evaluated and undergo ongoing training.
- Our coach selection process evaluates not only the ability to coach soccer, but also the ability to engage and inspire children.
An exceptional customer experience with ongoing communication
- You will receive a weekly summary of what your child is learning at Soccer Shots.
- We proactively communicate cancellations due to weather or other circumstances.
- Our staff understands the importance of timely, responsive communication.
Expert-approved curriculum that aligns with early childhood education standards
- Our developmentally appropriate curriculum places an emphasis on character development and skill building.
- Our program is created under the guidance of childhood education specialists, professional soccer players and experienced and licensed soccer coaches.
- We constantly re-evaluate and update our curriculum to stay current with childhood education standards.
If you have a passion for positively impacting children, we’d love to talk to you.
Soccer Shots is an international franchise brand with franchises in 34 states and Canada. This position is for your local franchise. Visit soccershots.org to learn more and/or for franchising opportunities.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)