Soccer Shots (the official two to five-year-old program of US Youth Soccer ) is seeking an innovative, creative and energetic individual to join our team this spring as a Marketing Intern and help us enhance our efforts to positively impact children.
Soccer Shots, is an engaging children’s soccer program with a focus on character development for children ages 2-8. Soccer Shots is annually listed among the top franchises in youth fitness and recreation, and our expert-approved curriculum sets us apart from other enrichment programs. Soccer Shots has more than 115 franchises nationwide and in Canada.
The Soccer Shots Austin franchise just completed it’s 11th year in the Austin community and has earned repeated honors from The Austin Chronicle as a Best of Austin: Best Kids’ Sports Recreational Activity.
We are looking for candidates who...
- Want to make a difference. Are you energized by the opportunity to positively impact children and families?
- Continuously pursue excellence in themselves, their organization and others. Are you comfortable speaking up to introduce new ideas or address an area of concern?
- Hustle, work hard, innovate and create. In the midst of weeds, do you see opportunities for new growth?
- Remain mindful, calm and balanced even when there are multiple projects, people and daily “must do’s” competing for your attention. Do you get a thrill out of closing out project management task lists?
- Thrive on collaboration and being a team player. Do you recognize and offer to help when a team member needs support? Are you able to proactively recognize when you might need support and comfortable enough to ask for help?
- Like to have fun! Can you dribble a soccer ball through the office while carrying on a conversation? How are your nutmegging skills?
The Marketing Intern will assist the Marketing Coordinator in executing a range of marketing initiatives including: implementing and evaluating current promotions; assisting in the identification and development of new markets and contributing to the expansion of existing markets. This position will also take an active role in off-site marketing which includes attending promotional events. This is a paid internship.
Student Experience Includes:
In addition to learning more about small business marketing, the internship will provide the student the opportunity to work collaboratively on a project that addresses a strategic marketing challenge.
- Ongoing review of marketing promotions identifying strengths and deficiencies
- Analysis of existing markets and identifying opportunities for growth
- Assisting with the review and enhancement of current social media marketing with a focus on enhancing audience targeting
- Assisting with the analysis of NPS; assisting with growth of “promoters”
- Active engagement in off-site marketing to include demos, open houses, parent/director meet and greets, promotional flyers, sign distribution etc.
- Assist with tracking and building of marketing calendar
- Active involvement in season opening activities this includes providing onsite marketing presence on Saturdays.
- High School Diploma/GED
- Available for internship in Spring 2019 in Austin, TX
- Currently enrolled in college, pursing a degree in Marketing, Communications or related field
- Familiarity with social and digital media strategies and platforms
- Soccer enthusiast
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Exceptional research and analytic abilities
- Willingness to question status quo and offer a plan for improvement
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Proficient in MS Office; Mac experience a plus
- CPR/First Aid Certified or willing to get certified within 30 days of hire
- Pass DFPS and FBI fingerprinting and background check
- Have own reliable transportation and proof of auto insurance
Interns may qualify for academic credit through their respective educational institution. Please notify us immediately if you are seeking academic credit through your school for this experience. With your help, Soccer Shots will work directly with your school’s registrar, your academic advisor, or your school’s internship/career department to allow this internship experience to count for academic credit.
Internship Structure and Compensation:
The Soccer Shots internship will vary on the season of the internship. In general, it will encompass a minimum of 15 hours a week (max of 25 hours per week) over a 12-15 week period. The number of hours may vary per week and can be determined by the supervisor’s and the intern’s schedules. Additional events may arise for you to attend, but we will work to communicate these dates and times in advance.
The intern will be compensated based upon hours worked. This is a non-exempt, hourly position eligible for overtime. The intern will be paid $12 per hour. A gas stipend of $50 per month is paid for this position, as some travel is required.
Physical/Work Environment Requirements:
- Functions in a temperature controlled office environment the majority of the time.
- Work requires ability to sit, stand and walk throughout the work day; position requires use of fingers, hands and arms on a consistent basis for keyboarding and phone work; position may need to lift up to 50 pounds on occasion; excellent vision skills (with or without correction) are required. The standard office environment has moderate noise levels associated with computer equipment, customers and phone conversations.
- Position functions occasionally in an inside/outside sports environment a portion of the time throughout the year which may include temperatures of extreme heat or cold.
- Work requires ability to run, stop, stoop, bend (a physical, exercise type regimen) in a minimum of 15 minute increments during soccer demos. Position requires use of hands, arms, legs and feet and may include lifting up to 50 pounds on occasion. Moderate gymnasium like noises are associated with this position as well as excellent vision skills (with or without correction).
- This position requires driving in and around the Austin area to assist with marketing efforts.
Interested candidates should apply through this system. Be sure to include a cover letter and resume.
Questions should be emailed to email@example.com
This job description should not be construed to imply these requirements are the only duties, responsibilities and qualifications for this job. Incumbents may be required to follow any additional related instructions, acquire related job skills, and perform other related work as required. This job description may be updated at any time.
Soccer Shots is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, disability, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above listed items.
Soccer Shots - Austin
Soccer Shots is an engaging children's soccer program with a focus on character development. Our caring team positively impacts children's lives on and off the field through best-in-class coaching, curriculum and communication.
The best coaches in the business
- Every Soccer Shots coach must complete our comprehensive training program to receive certification.
- All Soccer Shots coaches are trained in the use of developmentally appropriate techniques.
- Coaches are routinely evaluated and undergo ongoing training.
- Our coach selection process evaluates not only the ability to coach soccer, but also the ability to engage and inspire children.
An exceptional customer experience with ongoing communication
- You will receive a weekly summary of what your child is learning at Soccer Shots.
- We proactively communicate cancellations due to weather or other circumstances.
- Our staff understands the importance of timely, responsive communication.
Expert-approved curriculum that aligns with early childhood education standards
- Our developmentally appropriate curriculum places an emphasis on character development and skill building.
- Our program is created under the guidance of childhood education specialists, professional soccer players and experienced and licensed soccer coaches.
- We constantly re-evaluate and update our curriculum to stay current with childhood education standards.
If you have a passion for positively impacting children, we’d love to talk to you.
Soccer Shots is an international franchise brand with franchises in 34 states and Canada. This position is for your local franchise. Visit soccershots.org to learn more and/or for franchising opportunities.
Company Website: www.soccershots.org
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)