Soccer Shots works with preschools, daycares, and elementary schools. We offer a quality, high-energy soccer program with instruction presented in a FUN way! Our creative curriculum emphasizes soccer skills as well as character development, which transcends into the game itself.
Soccer Shots Central Valley is looking for a new Marketing Manager to help grow our program in Elk Grove Area.
Below is the job description - if this looks like a good fit for you, we want to hear from you!
Reports to: Owner
It is the Marketing Manager’s responsibility to grow and improve the program in our territory. You will have the following overall responsibilities:
Implements company’s high standards for program quality through entire market and ensures that coaches and staff exceed these standards.
- Sets examples for coaches in areas of personal character, commitment, communication, and work habits.
- Staffs and directs a team of high-quality coaches.
- Establishes plans and strategies to strengthen the current business while expanding the customer base.
- Always demonstrates excellent customer service and frequent and timely communication.
You will work from an annual Action Plan and Quarterly/Annual KPMs, (prepared by you and approved by owner each year in December), and will be responsible for performing the following functions:
- Meeting seasonal and annual enrollment and revenue goals by adding new daycare/preschool accounts and park program accounts and promoting thoroughly at each account/location.
- Dedicating appropriate time and energy including documenting summary and follow-up notes on sales database and completing sales day action items in a timely fashion.
- Implementing a Park Program at multiple locations.
- Implementation and oversight of new projects.
- Seeking sponsorship and partnership opportunities, which may include park program locations, soccer club partnerships, and corporate sponsors.
New Account Management
- Maintaining relationships with current accounts (pre-season, during season, post-season)
- Season Execution (pre-season, during season, post-season)
- Scheduling Site Visits and Director Appreciation
- Manage Customer Service – Responding to parent, child and staff phone calls, emails, and requests.
Coaching and Staff Leadership:
- Recruiting, hiring, scheduling, training, evaluating, and managing instructors.
- Maintaining master instructor schedule, handling cancellations and reschedules, as needed.
- Collecting required signed paperwork for all staff instructors and maintaining accurate and complete staff files
- Hosting and leading seasonal instructor meetings
- Coaching, as required
Marketing and Communications:
- Performing seasonal marketing/promotions – running program demos, distributing registration forms and brochures, hanging lobby and classroom posters, placing bandit signs and in-school displays, and distributing final reminders.
- Assisting with direct mail preparation and distribution, promoting park programs
- Communicating with parents, directors, and other account representatives (includes writing thank you notes and delivering thank you gifts)
- Writing and emailing newsletters, per schedule
- Managing the Soccer Shots Staten Facebook page
- Representing Soccer Shots at industry events, open houses, etc.
- Running special events (Global Goals Soccer Shots clinic, etc.)
- Writing and distributing press releases to local news media
- Scheduling four program seasons: winter, spring, summer, and fall and preparing all materials to promote each season
- Organizing and managing the registration and enrollment process at all sites
- Maintaining and managing Online Registration
- Maintaining instructor equipment and prize inventory
- Invoicing and Collections
The job description above is a full-time position requiring a minimum of 40 hours of work per week. Typical/expected working hours are Monday through Friday, between 8:00am and 5:00pm. During busy seasons, it will be necessary to work additional hours, including some weekday evenings and some Saturday mornings to meet deadlines and to exceed goals. At times, position is required to stand, run, walk and communicate in an outdoor environment through duration of work assignment.
- For Soccer Shots to be the best run, most popular, and most successful elective program offered in Elk Grove area.
- For Soccer Shots to have a reputation of excellence (i.e. “that’s the group that does that awesome soccer program…my kids loved it…those instructors are great”). An objective measure of each territory’s reputation for quality will be learned in the Net Promoter Score survey conducted at the end of each fall and spring season.
- To be a Top 20% franchise in participant registration and revenue (in category) and per capita rating and to meet and exceed seasonal and annual enrollment and revenue goals.
Key Performance Measurable's (KPM):
- Prompt, reliable, and professional communication—responds immediately to customers (parents, directors, staff), and always responds to owner and other SS support staff within 24 hours.
- Hire, train, and manage a staff of instructors who will uphold a standard of excellence and create a positive reputation for Soccer Shots.
- Meet weekly, seasonal, and annual timelines and deadlines. Develop systems to stay organized, keep good records, and be efficient with your time.
- Meet seasonal performance goals. Go above and beyond company expectations to sell, promote and market our program prior to each season.
- Provide excellent customer service by communicating through newsletters to parents, and phone calls/visits with center directors.
- Adhere to all company policies and represent Soccer Shots with professionalism and integrity.
Directors of Soccer Shots are committed to representing Soccer Shots in a fashion consistent with our CORE VALUES. Compensation is based on performance, and Soccer Shots reserves the right to terminate employment for failure to meet expectations. We have expectations that can be reasonably met, assuming Directors are investing their time into developing the business. In order to become a successful operator, Directors will commit to sales and will need to become good at sales. While you will have the support from us, a Manager’s success will be dependent on their ability to add new accounts and grow existing accounts, season after season, maintain a strong team of reliable coaches, and to manage the business professionally.
Program Performance Evaluation and Reviews:
- Soccer Shots will perform an initial review after 90 days.
- Revenue goals and key performance measurable’s (KPM) will be reviewed quarterly
- Soccer Shots will perform an annual review in December of each calendar year.
- Competitive Salary
- Proven Potential for Significant Growth (Increases in Compensation)
- Profit Sharing
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick Leave, etc.)
- Paid Holidays
- Company Laptop, Phone
- Professional Development Opportunities
- Cool Gear and Apparel!
- A Rewarding Career Positively Impacting Youth in Your Community!
Company Website: soccershots.org
Soccer Shots is an engaging children's soccer program with a focus on character development. Our caring team positively impacts children's lives on and off the field through best-in-class coaching, curriculum and communication.
The best coaches in the business
- Every Soccer Shots coach must complete our comprehensive training program to receive certification.
- All Soccer Shots coaches are trained in the use of developmentally appropriate techniques.
- Coaches are routinely evaluated and undergo ongoing training.
- Our coach selection process evaluates not only the ability to coach soccer, but also the ability to engage and inspire children.
An exceptional customer experience with ongoing communication
- You will receive a weekly summary of what your child is learning at Soccer Shots.
- We proactively communicate cancellations due to weather or other circumstances.
- Our staff understands the importance of timely, responsive communication.
Expert-approved curriculum that aligns with early childhood education standards
- Our developmentally appropriate curriculum places an emphasis on character development and skill building.
- Our program is created under the guidance of childhood education specialists, professional soccer players and experienced and licensed soccer coaches.
- We constantly re-evaluate and update our curriculum to stay current with childhood education standards.
If you have a passion for positively impacting children, we’d love to talk to you.
Soccer Shots is an international franchise brand with franchises in 34 states and Canada. This position is for your local franchise. Visit soccershots.org to learn more and/or for franchising opportunities.
Company Website: www.soccershots.org
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)